Play / pause
Intermediate Listening Lesson #06
小测验 – 查看问题
1. Mike forgot to register for classes. What is the consequence of missing your registration day?
You have to wait until everyone registers
He can register any time afterwards, but most of the classes will be full
He can register and his seniority will allow him to choose any class
He has to take this semester off
2. Why will psychology 101 be available to take?
Because the class is very big with many seats
Because nobody takes that class
Because the subject is boring
Because it is not a requirement
3. What recommendation is given if a class is already full?
Go to the registration building
Get on the waiting list
Find the professor and get permission
Show up to class on the first day without registering
4. Why does the professor accept more students than the class allows?
Because he wants as many students to teach as possible
Because he is a nice professor wanting to help
Because many students drop out of the class
None of the above
1. He can register any time afterwards, but most of the classes will be full
2. Because the class is very big with many seats
3. Find the professor and get permission
4. Because many students drop out of the class
A: "Hey Mike. I forgot about registration. I'm a day late, so all the classes are mostly full. What do you think I should do?"
B: "You're screwed. You can't do anything about that. You have to hope that you get some classes that will be useful."
A: "Do you think going to the registration building will help at all."
B: "No. They will tell you the same thing in a worse way."
A: "Did you register yet?"
B: "Of course. Registering for classes is not something you want to miss."
A: "What classes do you think are still open?"
B: "Well, I know psychology 101 is a big class, so there will always be seats in that class. You can also get into Sociology."
A: "That's helpful. Thanks. But what do you think about philosophy. I wanted to take that class this semester."
B: "I took that class last year. The professor is really cool, so if you go to his office, you can have him sign a card that will let you in even if the class is full."
A: "He does that?"
B: "I guess that's because so many people drop out of that class."
A: "That makes sense. I think I'll do that. Thanks for all the help."
B: "No problem man."