Play / pause
Basic Listening Lesson #23
小测验 – 查看问题
1. What is the theme of this discussion?
Happiness versus sadness
Money and happiness
Work and money
2. In this dialog, what can money do for someone?
Buy fancy cars
Take away a lot of responsibilities
Go traveling around the world
Open a nice restaurant
3. What is one draw back mentioned from having too much money?
Person will become greedy
Person will become bored eventually
Person will be unhappy
Person will lose friends
4. What conclusion can we come to from this dialog?
Neither of them are rich
Both of them are rich
One person does not have a job
Both of them do not have a job
1. Money and happiness
2. Take away a lot of responsibilities
3. Person will become bored eventually
4. Neither of them are rich
A: "Life's so boring."
B: "Well, most of the time it is, I guess."
A: "What do you think will make you happy?"
B: "I think money will make me happy."
A: "You heard people say that money doesn't guarantee happiness."
B: "It will for me. Then I can do all the things I want to do."
A: "You'll get bored eventually."
B: "Then I can find something new to do. If I don't have to worry about money, then I don't have to work."
A: "That's true, I guess. If I didn't have to work, I think I would be happy."
B: "You see... money doesn't equal happiness, but it takes away a lot of responsibilities."