Play / pause
Basic Listening Lesson #14
小测验 – 查看问题
1. What university class are they talking about?
2. How did the student describe the professor?
Smart and fun
Easy and boring
Demanding but an easy grader
Easy but a hard grader
3. How did one student get an A- grade but all his scores were lower than that?
The professor liked the student
The professor graded on a curve
The student did extra assignments
The student talked to the professor
4. How did one student feel after hearing about the professor from the other student?
The student felt worried
The student felt relieved
The student felt like crying
The student felt angry
2. Demanding but an easy grader
3. The professor graded on a curve
4. The student felt relieved
A: "Did you ever take History 231?"
B: "Yeah. Last semester."
A: "Who was the professor?"
B: "It was Professor Johnson."
A: "I have him this semester. What do you think about him?"
B: "He's a terrible instructor and demands a lot, but fortunately, he's an easy grader."
A: "What did you end up getting?"
B: "I got an A-. Sounds good, but none of my test scores were that high, so I don't know how I got a decent grade."
A: "That's probably because he grades on a curve."
B: "Are you enjoying the class so far?"
A: "I hate it and I was about to withdrawal. But after hearing your experience, I think I will tough it out."
B: "Yes. Definitely stay in the class. You will get a better grade than your test scores. He does that deliberately to make all the students study a lot."
A: "Thanks for letting me know. I feel relieved now."